ASOBIOCOM, Asociación Española de Plásticos Biodegradables Compostables, a non-profit association, was created to meet the need of biodegradable compostable plastics producers and transformers which required representation by an intermediary when working with authorities and consumers.
This association takes into account the aim of promoting the use and image of biodegradable compostable plastics in Spain.
ASOBIOCOM intends to take part according to the proper form and mechanics with:
- The implementation of an appropriate regulatory framework to encourage the production of biodegradable compostable plastics, as well as their environmental advantages and correct use.
- The correct application of rules and certificates in biodegradable compostable plastics identification.
- The biodegradable compostable plastic promotion, according to the rules UNE EN 13 432 and EN 14 995, and honest information for the companies, media, organizations and society as a whole.
- The promotion of organic waste management development (includes selective collection in a certified compostable bag) and composting, according to the European directives on waste.
Working with a common purpose, from companies and users to research centres and public organisations, with the aim combining strengths, knowledge and experiences, allows us to reach our goals and be a reference forum for this new polymer family.
The associated companies to Asobiocom are:
- Coopbox Hispania
- Inzea Biopolymers
- Sphere España
The companies and associations that are members are:
- Green Cycles
- Associació de Municipis Catalans per a la Recollida Porta a Porta
Universities, Administration and Technological Institutes:
- Agència de Residus de Catalunya
- Universitat de Lleida
Come and see us at booth 484 in Pavilion 4 of Municipalia!
Information provided by the exhibiting company.